Sunday, February 12, 2012

34th Birthday

Today I'm celebrating my 34th birthday. I was born on February 12, 1978 at 10:30 in the morning. When I try to figure out what I've been doing for the past 34 years of my life I realized there was no grand design or pattern that I took, there was nothing spectacular. Yes there were many thing I wish I could change, Perhaps I would finish my studies, maybe then life would be different. But what was done is done. I can't undo it and I can't afford to dwell on my past. They say it is never too late to become what you might have been, that is true for the best way to predict one's future is to invent it. And here I am inventing my  future taking command of my own fate, It's not perfect but it's enough. But I have a long way to go, 34 is not really that old, and this time I'll take more chances, I'll take more risk, I'll travel more, I'll work more, I'll party more, I will share more and I'll give more love and take what I deserve. I only live once so might as well enjoy this journey. And whatever wisdom I earned in the process let God help me to use it in the way that I could live my life without hurting someone. And to those people who became part of my life and to those who continue to be a part of it, I say thank you for those 34 years and here's for 34 more.




3 comments: